Jam Bands Mayo sessions create a space for young musicians and singers to come together, make music, explore ideas and inspire each other. Facilitated by experienced musicians we make music together in a collaborative and creative way to bring out and showcase the unique voice of each of our young musicians individually and as a group.
During the 2016-17 academic year, fortnightly sessions took place in five locations throughout the county, Westport, Ballina, Ballinrobe, Swinford and Claremorris. They sessions were open to aspiring and experienced musicians and singers, aged 12-18yrs.to participate.
A number of instruments are provided, included drum kit, keyboard, guitars, microphones but we ask that everyone bring their own too, including any necessary accessories.
If you’ve only just heard about us – and would like to register your interest in participating in any upcoming Jam Band camps or sessions, please contact our office on 09490 41013 / firstname.lastname@example.org
SESSION DATES: March – June 2017
- Venue: Ballina Arts Centre, Barrett St, Ballina
- Day/Time: Saturdays 3.30-5.30pm
- Dates: March 11th / 25th / April 8th / 29th / May 13th / 27th / June 3rd
- Venue: Claremorris Family Resource Centre, Mount St., Claremorris
- Day/Time: Wednesdays 5.00-7.00pm
- Dates: March 15th / 29th / April 5th / 26th / May 3rd / 17th /31st
- Venue: Maple Youth Centre, Bowgate St., Ballinrobe
- Day/Time: Saturdays 12.00-2.00pm
- Dates: March 4th / 25th / April 8th / 29th / May 6th / 20th / June 10th
- Venue: McConville Park Hall, Westport
- Day/Time: Fridays 5.30-7.30pm
- Dates: March 3rd / 10th / April 7th / 28th / May 19th / 26th / June 9th
- Venue: Swinford Cultural Centre, Station Rd, Swinford
- Day/Time: Tuesdays 4.00-6.00pm
- Dates: March 7th / 21st / April 4th / 25th / May 9th / 23rd / June 6th